- 5 oz plain flour
- 3 oz margarine
- 1/2 cup of cold water (Water to mix)
- Mix half of the margarine of margarine through the flour with your fingertips, until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the water little by little until it would be possible to roll out the mix.
- Roll it out and spread the rest of the margarine over the rolled out pastry.
- Fold the pastry in three (like folding an A4 page to put in an envelope) and continue to roll out until it is really thin.
- Cut into shapes to put in a baking tray and fill with mincemeat (we have used every sort from Lidls best to bulk mincemeat from the cash and carry and it all seems to work well).
- Cook for approximately 15 minutes at 190 degrees celsius.