Primary School Tours
Since 1998 Causey has built a wonderful reputation as one of Ireland’s most popular primary school tour venues.
We now offer THREE PROGRAMMES –
- The Causey Experience – our well tested programme which is described below. €13 per child
- Martry Mill and Causey Farm. The day starts with a visit to the restored Martry Mill, just 5 miles from Causey Farm, where the children see wheat being milled. They then take this to Causey Farm where they make brown bread with the freshly milled flour and then do all the activities in our Causey Experience programme. €20 per child
- Historical High-Jinks which is a fun and educational Upstairs-Downstairs experience in period costumes that takes place at our new venue Clonard House, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath. There are full details on the following link: Historical High Jinx at Victorian Escapade/ €15 per child
The Causey Experience
- Traditional Turf Cutting
- Bodhrán Workshop
- Farm Yard Visit
- Mirror Maze
- Obstacle Course
- Nature Walk
- Bog Jumping (2nd – 6th Class) Younger children may participate if teachers/supervisors are prepared to help them change clothes afterwards.
Our programme lasts for 3 ½ hours including lunch. All of our activities are tailored to suit the age group of the students from junior infants right through to sixth class; we’ve many indoor venues so we can en sure a successful day regardless of the elements.
There are two leaders with each class who will ensure that students have an action packed day where they learn new skills and thoroughly enjoy them. The children need to bring a packed lunch and drinks. Everyone must wear their oldest clothes and shoes (wellies if they have them) and from second to sixth class must bring a complete change of old clothes and footwear. Please also bring an old towel and a plastic bag to take home the bog-jumping clothes.
Bogjumping is very messy—but it is FANTASTIC fun!
Martry Mill and Causey Farm
The children will visit Martry Mill first. It is about 6km from Causey Farm. There they will see and learn the history of a working mill and grind some flour. They then bring their flour with them to Causey farm where they will make their own bread with it and then experience life on the farm, meet all the traditional farm animals – cattle, sheep, geese, turkeys, pigs, a goat, then move onto a bodhrán workshop, giant bubble blowing, a tractor/trailer ride to the bog, an obstacle course there, a turf cutting demonstration and the highlight for many – jumping in the bog (only recommended for 2nd class upwards). Everyone will have a ball.
If you cannot find a suitable date for the Causey Farm School Tour and wish to be added to our cancellation list, please call us on 046 9434135.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does it Cost?
The Causey Experience is €13 per child, and the Martry Mill and Causey tour is €20 per child.
You just pay for the number of children who come on the day. We accept cash or cheque payments on the day. Please make cheques payable to Causey Farm.
How Do I Book?
You can check availability and/or book online using the calendar above or phone us on 046 9434135.
When do we need to book?
This tour books out quickly for May and June, so get in quick!
What time do we have to be there?
We have two programmes daily—10am and 1.30. If these times do not suit just let us know when you are booking on 046 9434135 and we can arrange an alternative time.
What if it rains?
We have lots of indoor activities planned for wet weather so the day will be successful regardless of the elements. We have a large indoor picnic area.
Where is the Farm?
We are about 50 minutes from Blanchardstown.
Are there refreshments available for teachers?
Yes we have tea/coffee and homemade scones available for teachers. And the scones have quite a reputation!
Are you Insured?
Yes we are fully insured for all activities.
Do You Have a Shop?
Yes, but it is optional, and at the discretion of the teacher, just let our leaders know when you arrive whether you want the children to know about the shop or not. A suggested amount of pocket money needed is €3 – €5.
What time do we need to leave the farm?
Just let your leaders know when you arrive what time you need to be back on the bus and our leaders will make sure the class gets to all the activities in the time you have, and will make sure the children have a great time.
To book the primary school tours at the Causey Experience call us on 046 943 4135 or email us at email@example.com
Is there anything else you would suggest in the area?
Kells Swimming Pool has been recently renovated and are offering a fantastic rate for groups this May and June –
Cost of pool to hire to School Groups
- 30 – 50 children with floats and toys. – €140 (3 lifeguards provided on these sessions)
- Up to 30 children with floats and toys €120
- 30 – 50 children without floats and toys €120
- Up to 30 children without floats and toys €100
The pool is heated to an average of 30 degrees celcius which is very comfortable for children.
- Hot showers
- Separate Male and Female dressing rooms
- Space for Bus parking
To book the pool call 046 9240551, or email firstname.lastname@example.org