- 350g/12oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 225g/8oz margarine
- 175g/6oz caster sugar
- 175g/6oz soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 350g/10oz chocolate in chips
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Beat in the eggs. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate.
- Split the pliable dough into two halves, rolling each out into sausage shapes, approximately 5cm/2in in diameter. Wrap them in cling film and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to use.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, simply cut the log into slices 2cm/¾in thick and lay on a baking tray, widely spaced apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes.